Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Conversations with Claire

Last weekClaire and I had this conversation on her way to school. (Note: She had been out of school sick for three days.)

Claire: I don't want to go to school.
Me: Then you can't go to dance class either.
Claire: Fine. I'll go. But I'm not going to do any work.
Me: OK.

later

Ben: Kiss! Kiss!
Claire: I don't like you because you're a boy. And I only like girls, not boys. Well, I like some boys. But not all of them.
Ben: Kiss! Kiss!
Claire: Mommy,what day is it today?
Me: Wednesday.
Claire: I can't kiss you today because it's Wednesday, and I only give you kisses on Fridays.

******************************************************************
Yesterday Claire and Ben received some Valentine's cards in the mail (thank you Aunt Heather and Uncle Adam!), and Claire was very excited.

Claire: Ben, want me to help you open yours?
Ben: Ok, Cware.
Claire: *tearing envelope* I will read it to you. Dear Ben. I would like to invite you for a playdate. I hope you have a very nice birthday. And lots of birthday cake. Thank you.

No comments: