Tuesday, May 22, 2007

so much cute, so little time

I got the new keyboard for my laptop today, and what a relief - all of the problems are fixed. Thank goodness.

I've been making mental lists of things I want to blog about, and I just haven't had the time and energy to yet, but this happened last night, and it was so adorable, I can't resist.

At the dinner table Brian and I were talking about our good friends who will have their first baby this summer. I told him that the baby's name was probably going to be J___. We went on to talk about other things.

About 45 minutes later as I was changing Ben's diaper and getting him ready for bed, Claire was walking around talking, but I couldn't figure out what exactly she was talking about. I asked her, and she said she was telling a story about a little boy (we've been big into making up stories lately). I asked her what the little boy's name was, and she said "uhhhh {long dramatic pause} J___!" Big smile, because she was pleased with herself. I asked if she wanted to meet a baby named J___ and she said yes, so I told her that in a few months she could because Uncle Mike and Aunt Jen were going to have a baby J___ this summer. So then she told me, "I will teach him how to play, and how to read books, and then I will take him downstairs and we will watch a Dora movie."

One of the things I love most about being a mom are these bright spots that are a part of every single one of my days.

No comments: