Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Vacation

I have been extremely neglectful around here lately. Things have been hectic, and my stress level has been high, so blog posting has not been at the top of my list. Yet life goes on.

Yesterday we dropped Lucky off at the house he would be staying at while we were away, only to find out about an hour later that he had run off. Here's a snippet of conversation from the back seat as we drove back to try to find him:

Claire: We need to hurry, we can't waste any time! I don't want him to be gone, because he has such soft ears. I love his soft ears. And I love beagles. If Lucky is gone we would have to get a new dog, and I think the pet store wouldn't have any more beagles.
Ben: *shrugs* I guess Papaya (ed: our Siamese kitten) will have to be our beagle now.

later:
Claire: We can't give up.
Ben: Imagination Movers never give up!

Today he was found, and is now back safely at Brian's grandmother's house. We'll pick him up on Monday. Hopefully he won't have any more adventures between now and then.

In the mean time, we'll enjoy this.

Picture taken at dinner. Not a bad place to relax, eh?

No comments: