Friday, April 27, 2007

things I don't want to forget

You always think that you will remember every precious and adorable thing that your child does. The truth is, six months later there have been so many new adorable things, that the old ones are easily forgotten. So here is some of the stuff right now that I don't want to forget.

Claire-isms - When Claire says ______, she means ________
mo-most = almost
o'night = tonight, or alternatively, good night
yogret = yogurt
prers = prayers

At 15 months Ben....
...loves to dance and clap his hands.
...smears food on his head when he is done eating.
...likes to give open-mouthed slobbery kisses.. Even to the dog's nose.
...gives amazing hugs.
...could not be easier to put to bed due to his Pavlovian reaction to his lullaby CD.

Overheard lately around the house:
Yesterday morning Claire decided she would take off Ben's pajamas in our bathroom while Brian and I were getting dressed. "Come here, honey. Good boy. That's right, little man."

Yesterday afternoon Claire was "sharing" her goldfish crackers with Ben. "One for me, one for you, and one for me. One for me, one for you, more for me." I think Ben was getting the raw end of the deal.

I'm sure there's more that I just can't think of this early in the morning.

No comments: