Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 2008!

Well, we're here in the new year. Like most, I have that sense of a fresh start that typically accompanies the new year. I have dozens of "resolutions" floating around in my brain, but I haven't officially decided on any yet. I did mention on New Year's Eve that I hope to run another 5K this year, so I guess that one is out in the public eye now. The rest are still to be determined.

We made it through the holidays, and everyone seemed to have a good time. Despite Ben getting sick, it was a nice few days. Christmas dinner turned out wonderfully, and although I would do things a bit differently next year, all in all it was delicious. (Many thanks to my parents for their willingness to chop, saute, wash dishes, and assist in whatever other way was needed.) We sat 13 at our new dining room table, and enjoyed a lovely time with both of our families.

We had a short, but wonderful, visit in Texas where both kids loved seeing their Papa Jim and Uncle Dave, and of course, playing with Dolly and Max. The plane ride went more smoothly than I could have imagined - both ways! (Pictures to follow - soon I hope.)

We flew back on New Year's Eve, had a few hours at home, and then off to spend the evening with our good friends. We had a wonderful time, lovely food, good wine, and you have not lived until you've watched six little kids dancing to Abba and Staying Alive about 3 hours past their usual bedtimes. It was a wonderful evening, and I hope will lead to many more in the new year.

Now we are back home, and looking forward to some quiet. Though, that rarely seems to happen around here. So many wishes for a wonderful new year, that is all that you want it to be - and more!

No comments: