Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Snippets

Easter pictures are coming. Soon. Ish. In the meantime, last week was Claire's school vacation (today was her first day back), and having both kids around the house lead to many interesting conversations.

C: OK, Ben! We must! go! to! the! jungle!
B: OK, Cware!
C: But first! We need our hats!
(ed: yes, it is quite important to always wear appropriate headgear when in the jungle. Claire's is a new pink and green sunhat, and Ben's is his tan Polo baseball cap.)

C: Mama? What do you want to be when you grow up?
Me: A mommy.
C: But you're already a mommy!
Me: Oh good!
C: Don't you want to be a doctor, or a dancer, or a train?
Me: A train?
C: Then I would always have a toy train to play with.
B: I want to be a train! Tracks!
C: You want to be train tracks?
B: Yep!

Yesterday I managed to find some new, cute, wide-width shoes that didn't cost a fortune for Ben (thank you, Marshalls). He is very excited by his new shoes. So much of today has revolved around his new shoes. We had this conversation in the car.
B: I lub my new shoes.
Me: That's good, buddy.
B: And Nonni lubs them. And Daddy lubs them. And Cware lubs them. And I lub them.
Me: Good, I'm glad.
B: I want to go Ryan's house in my new shoes.
Me: Not today.
B: I want to watch Little Einsteins in my new shoes.
Me: OK.
B: I lub my new shoes.
Perhaps he will become the next Jimmy Choo.

2 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Don't you just love those kid conversations? I hope vacation was happy -- and the return to routine happier still :)

Looking forward to your Easter pics...

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! BTW, I used to get the extra wide width shoes at the Stride Rite outlet--MUCH cheaper than regular stride rite. I THINK there is one in Potomac Mills. We get them at Arundel Mills. -Andrea