Friday, November 19, 2010

Grace in Small Things

It has been far too long since I've done this exercise of posting five things I'm grateful for. My plan is, in this week leading to Thanksgiving, to do it every day.

1. Health. After having both kids on antibiotics for different ailments over the last two weeks we have been blessed with a week where there has been nothing bigger than the occasional sneeze.

2. Fires on a cold night. Brian built one tonight as soon as we made it home, and it feels wonderful.

3. My job this year is so much better, and so much less stressful than what I was going through at this time last year.

4. Flexibility. Part of what makes this job wonderful is having much more free time. I was able to take all of Wednesday off to go see Claire in a Thanksgiving play (she was Narrator #1!), have Thanksgiving lunch with her at school, and then volunteer at the school's book fair. It was a great day.

5. Fall colors. Though many leaves have fallen, there are still a few trees showing off their beautiful colors, and the fall decorations that are scattered around the house make me happy.

No comments: