Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Ben's (and my) first day of school. The entire ride to school every time we passed kids waiting at the bus stop or saw a school bus he told me, "Those kids are going to school. Just like me!" He was very eager to begin his day - particularly since it started with sitting down at the table at school to eat his yogurt and cereal bar. Yum! He didn't even notice my leaving, and I was too stressed about making it to work on time that I didn't even have time to cry. I did tear up a little when I recounted it to my office mate later in the morning, but we all survived.

Of course I couldn't resist taking some pictures before we left the house - we were only running a few minutes behind.

First I asked Ben for a thumb's up. Instead he flashed me his gang signs.

Wait, that's better - complete with a totally cheesy grin. That's my boy!

And of course Claire couldn't resist getting in on a photo-op!

When I picked Ben up he was just getting up from his nap. All we can get out of him about his day was, "I went outside and played and stuff and sleeped." Sounds like a busy day to me! When I ask him about his teacher, Miss V., he tells me that she helped him go potty. (She told the parents at the meet and greet a few weeks ago that she would have the whole class potty trained in 2-3 months. Good luck with my stubborn boy, I will support you every step of the way. He told me tonight that he is excited to go back tomorrow, so that's a good sign. I think we're going to have a great year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gang signs? Looks like Richard Nixon to me.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Ben is simply hilarious ... and, of course, adorable!

I'm delighted that the first day was a bona fide success, Emily. I hope it's the first of many, many more...

Me. said...

I refuse to believe those are your kids. They are ADULTS. GOOD LORD!! And love cheesy thumbs up!

Anonymous said...

Ben is too dang cute! Love how big sis jumped in.

Loved the description of his day. Thanks for a smile this afternoon.

tracey clark said...

Quite honestly, he looks like he'd be a good candidate for President! Love the victory signs! : )