Thursday, February 05, 2009

Grace in Small Things

There is so much in life to be grateful for, and we so rarely say those things out loud. I'm going to take my cue from Susan over at Friday Playdate, and try to make this a regular thing around here.

1. Ben wandering around with a pair of Mr. Potatohead glasses precariously perched on his face. "Mom, I can't see you without my glasses. See? I can't see you!" *whips teeny tiny plastic glasses off of his face*

2. Claire cajoling her brother into giving her some of the artwork he made at school. "Pleeeeeeeeease? I'll invite you to my birthday! Oh thank you! This is so lovely!"

3. Working with a new group of students at school who actually want to work and are doing really well, and being sought out by a student at school who know he needs help so he doesn't fall behind in the second week of the quarter.

4. After Ben bit the head off of a dinosaur shaped chicken nugget he made it walk around his plate saying, "help! I can't see anything. Can you see me? I think I need a new head!"

5. The memories I have of my kids with Papa Jim. We will forever regret not being able to forge new memories, but the ones we already have, and the photos, will always be treasured.


You, too can find Grace in Small Things.

No comments: