Monday, November 06, 2006

Hallelujah!!!

Ben is going to have a tough couple of months ahead from what we've seen so far. When he gets a cold it seems to last two to three times as long as it takes Claire to get over it. We have been fighting the current cold/cough since last Saturday morning (and when I say morning I mean about 1 AM - so really morning). Claire got it Sunday, and was over it by Wednesday.

The biggest problem is that these colds wreak havoc on Ben's sleeping habits. In a nice, healthy world he will go to sleep around 8:30 and sleep until 5 or 6 AM, wake up to eat, and then sleep for another two hours or so. When he's sick it's anyone's guess. Friday night I stayed up late to spend time with Brian in front of the fire. Ben woke up at midnight. Just enough awake to moan dismally every 45 seconds or so, not enough for me to go get him, but enough to keep me awake. Thanks. Then he was up at 3:30, and again at 5:45, and that was it for sleep for me. We were up for the day. Saturday night was 1:30, then 4:30, then 6. So I was not anticipating good things last night. And of course I stayed up too late to watch the Patriots/Colts game. Of course the outcome wasn't what I wanted, but it was a good game to watch. (Obviously Vinatieri was cursed - haha, serves him right!) So I was pleasantly surprised when Ben slept until 5 AM. Yes, you read that right. Though he is still all congested, he somehow managed to sleep peacefully for eight hours. Woke up and ate, and then back to sleep until just past 7. Hallelujah!

No comments: