Saturday, June 09, 2007

We are home!

Is there a point where vacations will be restful again? When I will return home and not be exhausted? This feeling may have something to do with Ben's 4:30 AM wake-up this morning. Then he just whined until 5:45 when I finally got him out of the crib. I am tired, and he has been napping for over two hours. Thanks a lot, kid.

We had a fabulous time. Claire is truly a beach girl, and I think that next year she will be clamoring for Brian to take her out into the deep water. She loved every aspect of the beach, and just couldn't get enough of it. She told us on the ride home, when Brian asked if she wanted to go back next year, that she would like to go back to the beach on Friday. Good luck, kid. I am still waiting for the outcry when she realizes that it's back to the real world. The world where Aunt Cindy isn't here everyday, and she has to settle for holding my hand, or sitting beside me, or having me read her stories. What a letdown that is going to be.

Pictures and more details will come once I have time to sort through them properly. (Time? What is that? I know not of what I speak.) Suffice it to say, a good time was had by all, and we were all disappointed to have to leave today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This line of yours: "Is there a point where vacations will be restful again? When I will return home and not be exhausted?" reminded of me this pass I saw on Notes from the Trenches:

"Vacation with children is an oxymoron. (Funny aside, when I said this out loud this weekend to Rob my oldest son piped up, “Vacation with children is for morons?” Uh sure, that will work too.)"

That's how I felt when we got back from SF earlier this week. Take your time to get back in the swing!

:)