Monday, May 11, 2009

Poor sick boy

This afternoon at almost 4 I turned my cell phone on to find I had a message. Ben's daycare had called to tell me he had a fever of 101.5 and didn't feel well, and was I going to come pick him up. They did not call my work number, or Brian, but I jogged over to get him, and then had him sit on a mat in the gym and watch me exercise. He sat so very still and watched us run, do sit-ups and push-ups, run some more, jump rope, sit down and stand up over and over again (squats). He must have thought it was all very bizarre. I got several comments about how well behaved he was - I knew it was because he was sick (and maybe because he was up at 4:45 this morning - ugh).

Tonight at dinner, he leaned against my arm, looked at his plate of food, and said pitifully, "I'm so berry hungry" and yet he didn't pick anything up to eat it unless I handed it to him. He had roughly half a piece of garlic bread, and half a cup of water.

My boy is sick, and I wish I could make it all better right away.

No comments: