Thursday, May 07, 2009

Things to remember

Some of my favorite current phrases and words that the kids use:

ickscover - Claire's version of discover
icksgusting - Claire's version of disgusting (a theme?)
It will feel me better - Ben speak for it will make me feel better

************************

We have been inundated with rain lately. This morning Ben saw all the worms on the driveway, and begged me to let him pick them all up and take them to school. Because I am mean and horrible I refused - instead we threw them into the garden. He sulked for the first 4-5 minutes of the car ride, but then wanted to know what a sign said, so the silent treatment was over.

*************************

On the way home today the kids were in the backseat. They decided to tell each other jokes. Claire said, "ask me if I'm a crab?" Ben: "Are you a crab?" Claire: "Yes! Wok wok wok wok wok!" They laugh like little loonies. Then it was Ben's turn. He tried the same crab joke, but Claire said he needed to make up his own. Ben: "A hat was silly and fell into the gas station and they closed the tank." Claire: "That wasn't funny. Yours needs to be funny like mine."

1 comment:

Tony & Nick said...

That is awesome. I think your kids need to start their own act!