Monday, March 05, 2007

the mystery lime

After dropping Claire off at school today Ben and I headed to the grocery store. I jotted a quick list of meals in the car before we went in, and put asterisks next to what needed to be purchased. We went in and got our shopping done fairly quickly without buying too many things that weren't on the list. Headed outside and took Ben to the car, then drove to the curb to pick up the groceries. When I got home and was unloading the groceries I was startled to see a lime in one of the bags. It was loose, not in one of the plastic produce bags. And I hadn't bought any limes. At first I thought that maybe Ben grabbed one, and dropped it into the cart, but then I would have noticed it when I had to put it on the belt, right? I even checked my receipt. No lime. I have absolutely no idea where this lime came from. And I can't stop thinking about it, and trying to come up with a reasonable explanation.

Is there a citrus fairy living in our car? If so, some grapefruit would be nice!

No comments: