Friday, November 16, 2007

Ahhhhh....

Time away is a good thing. Tonight and tomorrow night Brian and I are in a lovely hotel, with no kids.

This afternoon we dropped our kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's house, consolidated cars, and headed down to Blacksburg with Don (Brian's brother) and Cindy (Don's wife). We stopped for dinner on the way. How nice is it to not have to ask for a kid's menu, pick-up 2,374 dropped items from the floor, and deal with tired temperamental kids at dinner? Now we're checked into the hotel, waiting for room service to bring a bottle of wine, figuring out what to order for breakfast in bed, and planning our day tomorrow (football game!).

I know that on Sunday I will be anxious to get lots of hugs and kisses from Claire and Ben, but for the moment? I am very happy to be right where I am. Four hours away.

No comments: