Saturday, November 08, 2008

having fun together

Two times in the last few days while having conversations with others it has come up that children that are close in age, like Ben and Claire, often play well together. I am happy that they normally enjoy playing together. Just this morning I came to the kitchen after being in the basement paying bills, and Ben showed me that they had set up "carseats" in front of the back door. When I asked where they were going he said they were going to the grocery store, but then I asked what they were going to be and he said, "Actually, we're not going to the grocery store. We're going somewhere else." Then he headed off to play with Claire and I overheard a bit of their conversation, at first Claire wanted to be the mommy, but Ben insisted on being the daddy, so he drove her to her "dress-up party". When he stopped the car he told her, "now let me open and close your door, so you don't hurt your fingers."

Moments like these I want to always remember. Especially when they're teenagers, and don't want to be in the same room with each other.

No comments: